Hay is For Horses: But What Kind?
Tuesday, March 27, 2018,
7:00 PM -
- Hay assumptions & myths
- Forage requirements for horses
- "Special needs" horses: EMS, PSSM, PPID
- Hay nutrient content: Fiber and sugars
- Understanding a forage analysis
- Managing hay for desired hay quality
- Test your hay judging skills
- Carol Buckhout, Assistant Professor, Equine Business Management, Cazenovia College
- Aaron Gabriel, Agronomy, Cornell Cooperative Extension
Whether you buy hay or produce hay, you need to understand forage quality and horse nutrient requirements. Not all horses are the same, neither is all hay. Come learn what is needed for horse hay beyond "green and dust free."
$15 pre-registration, by 5 PM March 26th.
Register online at http://bit.ly/2BEfDYs, or contact Tove Ford, email@example.com, 518-380-3518.
Program questions to Aaron Gabriel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-380-1496.
CCE Albany County
24 Martin Road
Voorheesville, NY 12186