Each training will have a grain storage facility tour and discussion of grain storage management: sanitation, loading, aeration, monitoring, and safety plus additional topics at each farm. Bring your moisture meter to compare it with a known grain sample. For program questions, contact Aaron Gabriel, 518-380-1496. For registration questions contact CAAHP, 518-765-3518, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 23, 2021, 1:00 – 4:00 PM (12:45 PM sign-in)
Hewitt Farm, 37 Hewitt Lane, Troy, NY 12180
$5/person, registration by 9/21 at https://caahp.ccext.net/civicrm/event/info?reset=...
• How to determine cfm/bushel
• Insect pest management
• A record keeping system for Determining Cost of Storage
• 3 CCA credits
October 21, 2021, 1:00 – 4:00 PM (12:45 PM sign-in)
Hudson Valley Hops & Grains, 2993 Route 82, Ancramdale, NY 12503
$5/person, registration by 10/19 at https://caahp.ccext.net/civicrm/event/info?reset=...
• Demonstration and discussion of Clipper fanning mill, gravity table, home-made air column, grain de-huller, and grain roller mill
• Introduction to using carbon dioxide for managing stored grain insects
November 18, 2021, 1:00 – 4:00 PM (12:45 PM sign-in)
West Wind Farm, 141 Verbeck Ave., Schaghticoke, NY 12154
$5/person, registration by 11/16 at https://caahp.ccext.net/civicrm/event/info?reset=...
• Insect pest management and including using CO2 for insect control in lots of grain up to a couple of tons.
• Tour & discussion of soybean extruder and corn extruder
Last updated September 17, 2021